Ten reasons this national park group tour makes the cut as one of my 2021 bucket-list destinations:
1. Tauck is a AAA Preferred Travel Partner who performed admirably during the COVID-19 crisis taking very good care of my clients.
2. This is one of Ken Burns’ American Journeys tours inspired by his documentary film, The National Parks: America’s Best Idea.
3. Stay inside the park. Crowds are fewer and experiences are richer. Three nights of this tour are in national park lodges (not easy to reserve on your own).
4. Three National Parks: Zion, Bryce and Grand Canyon; Sedona; a private yacht dinner cruise at Lake Powell; and an optional flight-seeing trip to Monument Valley within the Navajo Indian Reservation.
5. Goal: Maximize the time touring. Minimize the time traveling. I’ll book easy non-stop direct flights for you to/from SJC or SFO with included airport transfers.
6. Tauck does things right. You start and end your 8-day tour at Four Seasons hotel properties. One in Scottsdale; the other in Las Vegas. Very nice.
7. Half of this operator’s tour dates are Small Group Departures (average 24 guests; sometimes less).
8. Tauck doesn’t nickel and dime you. Pricing includes your accommodations, 17 meals, transfers, gratuities, and all admission fees.
9. One nice benefit of booking Tauck thru AAA is $75 per person off airfare (subject to availability). Flights to Phoenix and back from Las Vegas will be modest fares anyway from the Bay Area.
10. Tauck’s Tour Directors, known for their personal thoughtful service, will introduce you to handpicked local experts (chefs, naturalists and photographers) who will share their insights, creativity and knowledge.
Ask me to pull together a no-commitment quote for one of their 2021 America’s Canyonlands tour dates (Apr to Oct). Three of their 2021 tours are already Sold Out. Secure space now.